Saturday, October 26, 2013

Playing with UTEE

Hello,

I found new technique.
Its using melting pot and then stamping into melted UTEE. It looked amazing so I had to try it. I looked at different youtube videos on how to make it and thought I can probably try it without the melting pot.
I got my UTEE but while I was at Michael's choosing UTEE I saw that melting pot cost almost $60. Crazy!!!
 Here is the card that came out of my attempt:

I have melted UTEE on the silicon banking mat. It took forever! I will defiantly buy melting pot just have to find on sale. I melted about 3-4 layers of UTEE and then used JustRite background stamped into it. Before starting I have rubbed the stamped with pearl-ex power to add the color and shine.
It came out pretty good. To me it looked like a frost on windows.
I used JustRite stamp for everything here.

This card was made using JustRite challenge layout:
http://justritestampers.typepad.com/justrite-inspiration/2013/10/justrite-friday-challenge-108-sketch.html

It participating in:
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/2013/10/challenge-103-anything-goes.html


4 comments:

  1. WOW! Such a cool technique! Need to try this one! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am really digging the colors! Wowsers!! It is a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That stamping technique is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun experimenting with the UTEE, Stacy, and I LOVE your non-traditional Christmas colors!!! Hope you find a good deal on that melting pot and with Christmas approaching, maybe Santa will help you out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your comments. I really appriciate it. I check my blog ofter and absolutly LOVE reading your comments. I love any suggestions or tips how I can improve. Thank you again!!

Stacy